Friday, April 8, 2016

SPRING HAS SPRUNG -SAILORS SMILING

Here we are this fine April day posting from our beautiful Comox Valley Vancouver Island British Columbia Canada.  The winter was mild for all of us with Claes and I returning to The Whiteshell  in the beginning of November.  She fared well at Tobaga Island Mooring Panama.  The Captain and I were keen and able to get her out of "bed" so to speak and underway to the Big City in record time.  The past ten years have taught us much and we were rewarded greatly by leaving her nice and tidy in the first place.

It was a bitter sweet time as our decision for the season was that together we would prepare  Her for her return voyage to Mexico but I would not be sailing this season!  Toughest decision I ever had to make!!!  The reality of it never hit until I bid My Captain and his crew farewell and I flew to Cost Rica and onwards to Mesa Arizona to celebrate Christmas with my siblings.

The Captain finally made it to Puerto Maderia Chipas Mexico where he hauled The Whiteshell out.  She is presently on the hard drying her bottom out and waiting for some paint!  

We are both back in Courtenay reevaluating our next chapter .... Please stay posted!


Please note: having trouble with pictures and will correct as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment