I have been cooking! and baking! Go figure hey. For one who has not done that for awhile I must say things are smelling and tasting fine! 90 Minute Cinnamon buns I made these this morning; the guys in the repair shop enjoyed them and Claes had two!!!! The neat thing about cooking on board is that I do not have alot of equipment or space so one becomes very creative. IE used a sponge cake tin--the only baking tin I have. Worked very slick as the buns came out just fine as I released the clasp on the side of the pan! I also used yogurt instead of milk as I had no milk. 3 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided 1 tablespoon yeast, rapid-rise 1/4 cup sugar 1/2 teaspoon salt 3/4 cup milk 1/4 cup water 1/4 cup butter 1 egg 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1/3 cup butter, softened 1/2 cup raisins, optional Reserve 1 cup flour. Combine remaining flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Heat milk,...
Hi Lue where are you guys anchored??? Sounds awful to have the flu, lots of rest, aye. We are just back as of 9pm tonight. Our time was great.
ReplyDeleteHey glad you are back to the sea! Trust that you had a great visit!! We are in Los Muertos hang'en off the hook relaxing..eventually making our way back to La Paz then up the sea. we are not in a hurry but will soon have to re provision. What about you folks???
ReplyDelete