Popular posts from this blog
Happy New Year !
Wow! here we are 2024.... who would have guessed it would take this long to get back to one of my favorite places.....here on my Blog. Still at the same location here in Courtenay and life continues to be such a blessing......our health is good and our minds are clear.......yes, still together LOL! so much to share and so much to dare.......so we invite you to jump on board. Lets talk again really soon@
Captains Pleased!
I have been cooking! and baking! Go figure hey. For one who has not done that for awhile I must say things are smelling and tasting fine! 90 Minute Cinnamon buns I made these this morning; the guys in the repair shop enjoyed them and Claes had two!!!! The neat thing about cooking on board is that I do not have alot of equipment or space so one becomes very creative. IE used a sponge cake tin--the only baking tin I have. Worked very slick as the buns came out just fine as I released the clasp on the side of the pan! I also used yogurt instead of milk as I had no milk. 3 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided 1 tablespoon yeast, rapid-rise 1/4 cup sugar 1/2 teaspoon salt 3/4 cup milk 1/4 cup water 1/4 cup butter 1 egg 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1/3 cup butter, softened 1/2 cup raisins, optional Reserve 1 cup flour. Combine remaining flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Heat milk,...
Fabulous photos of 2 wonderful people! Thank you for your time making the blog all these months. I've REALLY enjoyed it and learned a lot!!! Please blog when you're established in Comox, at a time that we may be able to come up and see you.
ReplyDeleteLove Jane, Murray, Jacqueline & Allison :)